Typing an email in anger is not the smartest thing. Its also not very impressive. Also it damages your keyboard. So overall, not the best option.
Retaliatory emails are never the answer. Unlike nuclear bombs and terror attacks.
So when my fingers slammed those keys and I emphatically stroked the enter key, my only thoughts were about revenge and starbucks... Yes, Starbucks.
5 minutes later as my cursor stayed poised over the 'send' button I hesitated and did not go through with it. I couldn't. I realised that I'm not the only one affected by what I do now and just because I don't give a fuck about what happens to me, it has implications past my own firing.
Does this mean I'm growing up or getting used to the extra responsibility. Probably, though I don't feel grown up and never want to either.
Bleah.
I find sometimes writing angry emails (that I have no intention of sending) to be kind of therapeutic.
ReplyDeleteI know, it actually helped me calm down, but I must admit, 2 years before I would have sent it and gotten fired...
ReplyDelete