Saturday, July 11, 2009

Lying down in Sri Lanka

I came back to Sri Lanka for a few days to go to a friend's wedding and see my folks. Its been a while since I set foot in SL and I was looking forward to break from work and all the troubles that follow me.

SL hasn't changed much. I mean the wars over, but there are still road blocks and it still smells and you always have to watch out for pickpockets. On the plus side, my dog remembered me, so I got a slobbery welcome.

I've gotten used to the conveniences of Singapore, so coming back to Sri Lanka with its heat and dust and well its heat, is getting me down a bit. I am also struggling with the short time difference. I can't keep my eyes open.

Thinking about the beaches though, cos I miss them so much. Once I lay down on a beach and take a nap, I know my holiday will be complete.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment