I've noticed that my blog posts are becoming a bit too disjointed for my taste. Too much work is forcing me to write shorter blogs, while keeping me from doing the deep thinking involved to come up with awesome blog titles and themes (please see below for all the examples you will ever need).
So I've struggled back to my initial intentions to ensure that my blog is both funny, insightful and extremely offensive to people who are racists, sexists and basically any type of bigot.
Now I've decided to discuss the age old question, is it all right to date someone who is considerably older than you. I mean its a tough question. What constitutes considerably older - 5yrs, 10yrs, 25yrs, 40yrs (go Woody Allen)... Let's say the the boundary is 1oyrs if the guy is older and 5yrs if the girl is older. I'm merely putting that down as a sort of benchmark, because as we all know, people will disagree and I'll get angry and won't listen.
Anyhow, can we say that this is so wrong. Must we always date or marry people close to our ages. I know it was common practice for women to marry much older men for the stability they provide and the much older men always enjoyed having a young pretty wife to warm their beds and hog the toilets. But the trend has been going into decline these past few decades.
What about women. I mean Cher aside, there aren't that many women who date or marry much younger men. I for one don't see a problem with this, but I know a few guys who will not even consider an older woman and I know a tonne of girls who wouldn't even look at a younger guy, in fact they say things like "Oh shame he's younger than me, otherwise it would be all right". Screw that ladies, its not like he's more immature, because I know some of you'll personally and my 3yr nephew is more mature than you.
There is too much emphasis placed on age gaps when it comes to having a meaningful relationship. Maturity has nothing to do with it, as age does not always run parallel with maturity. Take half my friends, who make me, an extremely immature guy, the most mature and responsible person in the room whenever we meet up. Sad, but true. Another controversial but true topic, women tend to become giggling teenagers when starting a relationship. I mean, I'm not an expert when it comes to long-term, but I sincerely hope that the women become more responsible as the relationship progresses.
To sum up a rather confusing topic:
Women dating older dudes: quite common, but when the age gap increases the ewwww factor tends to increase proportionally.
Men dating older women: not that uncommon, but as the age gap widens, new nicknames are thrown into the mix, such as cougar, vixen, cradle snatcher, paedophile (this one's from my god-fearing friend who sees normal things as a crime against God and everything we hold holy) and many more.
Conclusion: its all right for girls to date older guys, in fact the guys can brag about it. However if a woman does that, she's judged and called many amusing names.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment