"I can't get to sleep,
I think about the implications,
of diving in too deep and possibly the complications."
I listen to these lyrics all the time and wonder if this is true for me. Sometimes I lie awake at night wondering if I did everything I should have that day. Colin Hays (singer and songwriter also the lead singer of the band Men at Work) got it dead right when he wrote those lyrics. He's gotta be a genius or extremely troubled by life.
This is my life put down in song. It never used to be like this until I came to Singapore. I listened to my music, I took naps, hell I even had time to jog around the place and sit down and watch the sunset occasionally. Times were simpler back then, all those 2 years ago.
The trouble is; people over here are driven by deadlines and the need to force convenience onto everyone and make everything so streamlined it stops being a fun activity, but more of a process... I don't quite excel in this atmosphere.
Anyhow, I have some sort of balance sorted out where I can enjoy myelf and still be productive most of the day. Its a precarious balance, but one I hope to maintain for sometime.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment