I don't mean to be so emotional and frankly just plain hysterical, but sometimes I wonder how we don't all go insane with doubt and fear. Especially the ugly people.
I thought my life was an empire. However that was razed to the ground by barbarians, thieves and various spy organisations, so here I am, defenseless and somewhat homeless.
The next 5 years are not laid out in front of me, even if i had planned everything, it wouldn't mean jack shit to me. So what am I to do, but carelessly live my life until something happens to me. plus I hate it when people say you can make it happen, but all you do is lay the path, everything else just has to fall into place.
Fear! the damn slave driver. So the question is how do I overcome this or whether I actually need to overcome this hell that is my life.
Who knows, frankly none of you bastards care, so here goes.
Peace.
Firstly, we don't go insane with doubt and fear because we have extremely high emotional capacity. People whose family died in 9/11 or other terrible disasters continue to live- partially because suicide is kinda pussy and secondly- that's what their loved ones would want them to do.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, it's illusions that make life easier to live. It's the dreams that we have, that kinda make it better. (I m kinda going off on a tangent, but it makes sense in my head so...)
The inuits and aboriginals in Canada have been getting a fair amount of government funding over the past few years. Reason being- the Government wants to extend their life span and the best way to do it is to presumably give them money. Result: they spend it all on drugs and alcohol. Explanation: They don't know if they'll live the the end of the week, or month, or even day. So they essentially- live in the moment. Do what's best for them. So they don't regret anything. However, what if they do live till the end of the day, month, year for even next 10 years. They'll have a shit life, till the next pay cheque comes.
My point is, you need dreams to keep you going.
You need illusions that let you believe the world is a better place in spite of everything.
You could either look at the sky and be like "It's blue and bleak and dreadful" or notice the birds and patterns of the clouds.
xxx