Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Social Media God = Me... Nope, but one day maybe.

When I originally started to blog, I was looking to become a Key opinion leader in some field and be seen as a driver for change and revolution. That changed as I realised its not as easy as it looks and somehow evolved into me making this a personal journal filled with random ramblings of a deranged and sadistic mind, destined to one day become a serial killer. Yep, things change sometimes.

Anyhow coming back to my original point I had grand plans. So now I'm asking myself, if I can somehow combine the two. Short answer is Yes, long answer is Yes I can. Long and descriptive answer is Yes, I can, because this is my fucking journal and no one can tell me what to do. Bitch!

So rather than becoming preachy and irritating, I'm going to talk about what I hope to do someday using examples. By doing something that garners a similar response, I could become a guru and a true Industry giant. Hahahahahaha... (my God complex at work)

Anyhow an example I would use to describe a campaign I would have loved to have thought of:
http://adage.com/goodworks/post?article_id=142037
I would focus on the LiveStrong campaign and the Dove Real Beauty campaign. I know these are marketing campaigns, but they are brilliant.

Some of the greatest PR campaigns can be found here: http://www.brandrepublic.com/News/150848/
Damn, I wish I could do something of this magnitude.

The real success behind each of these campaigns was that they pushed boundaries, which we often think are insurmountable. Hell, who could possibly ensure the information about genetic testing could be disseminated effectively through all the buzz about the legality and morality issues that were suffocating us.
Another issue would be MS's push for Windows 95. A 99% awareness rate. Say what now? Damn!

So one day I hope to be the person behind this. Do I think I can do this. Hell yes, I have an ego bigger than even I can imagine.

The question now is whether the world will be ready for what I can offer...

Like I said I have a God complex, stop trying not to laugh and just get it over with.

Bastard.

Happy St Patty's Day btw.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment