There's been so many natural catastrophes lately I'm wondering if I should rethink my stance against believing in a higher power. It sure looks like God's mighty pissed at someone (don't think its me).
There's a Global warming alert after the massive dust bowl that was Australia: Australia
The flooding in Philippines: Philippines
The devastating earthquake in Samoa, with a Tsunami as afters: Samoa
Yesterday's 2 earthquakes in Sumatra: Indonesia
Maybe we need to take stock of what's happening, cos I know I haven't been paying attention to what's going on until my office building shook. I don't think I could have been imagined what the people in Samoa and Sumatra are going through.
If you know me even a little bit or read my blog (I know you don't) you'd know I'm pretty unaffected by the sufferings of others, partly due to my upbringing (thanks Mum and Dad) and the fact I grew up during a civil war, so bomb attacks and people screaming in grief were as common place as Lindsay Lohan being drunk or Paris Hilton in another sex tape.
However watching the world affected by the earthquakes and the floods, makes even me pause. The human suffering is horrible, but the world is being abused and I think this is a way of letting us know. Call me a supernatural freak or a gullible tree hugger, but I think these are some sort of signs, which we cannot ignore. How many more people have to die and suffer, because we like to drive our big cars and burn forests for farms (Indonesia, I'm talking about you here, stop the slash and burn...)?
We live in such a wounded world I wonder if we can in fact heal it someday.
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment