I am a massive anime fan. I'm not ashamed of it... much...
I love me some Bleach and Naruto. Its the way they portray life, its always larger than life, but keeps you grounded with the theme of the entire thing.
Take Bleach for instance, which concentrates on a young guy who is able to see ghosts or spirits. It follows his life as he meets a Death God or Shinigami, who is assigned to protect his town. She appears to be a young girl, but is actually 100s of years old. The entire story line is way to long to condense into a blog, but take my word for it, its one of the best anime out there.
A short trailer of Bleach to whet your appetite.
Naruto is the first anime I've ever seen. After 3 episodes i was hooked worse than a junkie with a free supply of coke. Its childish, but keeps you hooked by the serious moments in between. It follows a child who is ostracized by his village due to the fact he holds a tailed beast within his body. He longs to be recognized and will do anything to feel like he belongs. Amazingly deep stuff for a cartoon that has a few fart jokes and a peeping Tom as a significant side character.
A short trailer of Naruto to give you an idea of why I love it.
I'll post another blog on the music for the anime, which is awesome. Its mostly Japanese, but damn its brilliant. The anime movies also deserve a blog all for itself...
Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment