Thursday, February 12, 2009

Introductions and ramblings

First of all to understand my title, Alien in Singapore, you'll have to understand who I am... That would take you too much cos I'm complicated and I rather dislike talking about myself... too much.

I am Chinese, but I was born in the sunny Island of Sri Lanka. It has its beautiful beaches, friendly people and a massive civil war... Three cheers for Sri Lanka.

I don't know how to speak Chinese or for that matter Sinhalese, which is the main language in Sri Lanka. So English is all I can manage. I am probably the only monolingual person out there...

I respect religion, but choose not to follow any specific religion.

I don't dislike Singapore or its people, I just don't understand them.

So now you know all there is to know about me...

This blog will be about my experiences in Singapore from my perspective as an outsider and identity confused person. (I am not Sri Lankan, but I am also not a Singaporean or any other nationality)

I have tried blogging before, but they were about certain topics, which I could not faithfully sustain and they ended up becoming tirades against society, ex-girl friends and the Jonas Brothers. (I hate the Jonas Brothers).

So hopefully people will read my blog and love it...

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment