Its not often I post stuff about controversial topics. I talk about it often cos I can then deny ever mentioning it, but I rarely write about it. But I thought I'd put down in words what I've often said when people accuse me of being racist or anti-religion or my personal favourite of being the anti christ. (Which for some reason is quite often)
Just to state this right out front. I am not anti-religion, in fact I encourage religion as a means to gain inner peace and to "find yourself", but it just aint for me. So then do I really have a right to make a tonne of religious themed jokes at the expense of my religious friends? I think I do.
I mean I don't discriminate against a particular religion. I make fun of Jewish people, Mormons, Catholics, Christians (Born-agains are a personal favourite), Muslims (only ones I know and even then I make sure I'm not alone when I do it), Hindus, Buddhists and a variety of others. Its fun to do so and I dare anyone to say it isn't.
I've hung out with devout Catholics who rip into Muslims and Christians when no one else is around. Some of my Muslim friends are so anti-Christian it isn't even funny anymore. My Grandma hates Jews. Aren't these people anti-religion? I mean I love my Grandma, but she is really racist.
I often wonder how my friends can look all hurt and offended when I make a Jesus joke, but 2 minutes earlier they were laughing at Muslims or Hindus. I mean gimme a break, cry me a river or sue me, but if you live a glass house, don't throw your damn stones. I have a better arm than you.
Well all I can say is that we have to stop being haters. If we don't genuinely hate a religion, then making fun of it in a somewhat controlled manner is ok. Also another good thing to do is, not discriminate against one particular religion. Let them all have it...
I'll continue this post later on in part 2, with my favourite racial targets and why I don't like white people sometimes. (all right most of the time, but some are all right)
Peace
No comments:
Post a Comment